Monday, January 25, 2010



Today I was inspired by
Rachel Scott


Rachel Scott was in highschool when she was shot by a classmate. She was shot from the back where the bullet passed through her backpack and rested in her torso. After the classmate with the gun was out of her sight she then tried to push her body to safety but on her way she was pulled by the hair. The gunman grabbed her up by the hair and asked her if she believed in God. She said "You know I do." The gunman replied "then go be with him" and he shot her in the head.

I've been thinking for about two weeks now "Am I willing to die for Christ?"

One of my friends Jessica who wants to be a missionary processed this for a couple days and came back to me with this answer... "If I'm willing to make my whole life about Him, why wouldn't I be willing to die for Him as well"

William Tyndale died so that we could get the Bible translated to English. The people who killed him were CHRISTIANS!!! They thought the English language was not a worthy enough language. William Tyndale was burned.


I'm not trying to be morbid, but this stuff is scary!

So I sit here and ponder whether I would claim Jesus to my death....One day I thought to myself..yes, I would, then I thought about Peter. Peter told Jesus he wouldn't deny him and then he did 3 different times..

I certainly pray that the Lord would give me grace and courage to CLAIM his name to my death.. but those people I mentioned above are heroes..
There deaths brought many to Christ!




No comments:

Post a Comment