Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jesus gave me a surprise today and I giggled! :)




I went to the park today to spend time with Jesus and I read Luke 16:1-16.

I really didn't understand it until I was writing this blog. Jesus is telling a story about a master who fires his manager because the manager was wasting his money. The manager was basically hopeless for a job after that because he couldn't do hard labor. So he decided he would make friends with people, so he could have a place to stay after he didn't have a job. so he went to people in the town and cut the debt in half of whatever they owed to the master . So he went behind the masters back again.. He just cut their debt in half... I'm sorry but if someone was doing this to me or to any of my family or friends I would be like uhhhh YEAH FIRE HIM... but Jesus goes on to say the master praises him and then (brace yourself for conviction) Jesus says this " The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light" Luke 16:8

What I got out of this was most of us CHRISTIANS would have fired that man in a heart beat!!
WE CARE MORE ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MONEY RATHER THAN THE MAN!!!!!!!!

"No servant can serve to masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."Luke 16:13

Oh, and then the pharisees start laughing in the corner at Jesus as he is speaking. I would have just ignored them, but NOT MR. ASSERTIVE AWESOME MAN JESUS he is says "YOU ARE THE ONES WHO JUSTIFY YOURSELVES IN THE EYES OF MEN, BUT GOD KNOWS YOUR HEARTS. WHAT IS HIGHLY VALUED AMONG MEN IS DETESTABLE IN GOD'S SIGHT!"Luke 16:14-16

WE VALUE MONEY MUCH HIGHER THAN WE DO ONE ANOTHER..



So this was what I was looking at while I was at the park. I saw this tree. I thought about what a pure creation it was from God. So I felt like the Lord wanted me to walk over to it.

I found these awesome huge rocks at the bottom of the tree. I mean they may not look big in this picture but I could lay across them and fit perfect. I felt the Lord gave He and I a meeting ground. I think this is where He wants me to spend time listening to Him. I was smiling and excited..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment