Tuesday, September 8, 2009

15 min with JESUS



Today, I woke up at 7:05. My plan was to spend time with the Lord in his word and then 15min listening to His voice. I prayed multiple times for this quiet time last night. "PLEASE SPEAK TO ME JESUS!" Last year around this time I developed a wonderful habit of spending time quietly listening to the Lord..(by this I mean no t.v., music, people, etc. ) I don't know why but I always feel like the Lord wants me to be outside during this time,however, this mornin
g I decided to have this time on my bed. (not at all smart if you're tired) I somehow did not fall asleep!! I sat there and listened and then I began to write what I felt Jesus was saying to me! In the past I have felt the Lord speak some pretty intense stuff and to be honest I really fear what I might hear at times. Today, I heard.."Lindsey, JOY and PEACE in everycircumstance" I then reflected on situations involving people in a case where I believe they should do this but they are doing something else ...and Jesus spoke to me "JOY in all circumstances.."Sometimes I feel like it's my job to show disapproval or disappointment when people close to me do things I don't like and then I begin to develop a snotty behavior...While reflecting on this He says "Lindsey, I know what's going on and you are called to have JOY stilllllllll in this circumstance!"I can't imagine what my life would be like if I had joy instead of getting upset with my mom, dad, and family when things don't go my way.. JOY JOY JOY!!! Knowing this truth gives me peace! I'm called to joy not sadness or frustration...YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

This is what I learned and heard from the Lord in my 15min this morning...who knows what tomorrow! :)

"I wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him" Psalm 62:4

"EVERYTHING ON EARTH WILL WORSHIP Y
OU; THEY WILL SING YOUR PRAISES, S
HOUTING YOUR NAME IN GLORIOUS SONG" Psalm 66:4

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey! So great to see you on here! I love this blog... you are so encouraging! It's a great way to vent also!!!! I love you MUCH0!!!!!!!!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete