Friday, September 25, 2009

ASSERTIVNESS

This was taken last sunday night when I was trying to work on homework....I thought to myself..I wonder if this makes me kinda like a boy? The flies are taking over our house...So I dropped a dead one into the candle. It's now stuck in the wax and on display...I can hear my mom right now as she blows out the candle saying "Ohhhhhh, Lindsey, that's gross!" and then look at me with her eyebrows down...Assertiveness is what the Lord is teaching me.. In so many ways He has directed me to be assertive..It doesn't come naturally for me to be assertive so I can be awkward in my attempts..
In Galatians 6:1-3 it says to tell a friend when they are in sin with gentleness and humbleness then in 2 it says to carry their burdens..

When someone is walking in sin it's rare that when you confront them they take it well right away. For me, it's so uncomfortable to point out something bad about someone, so if I do it, it means I really find it so important that they know the truth about what they are doing.
So pointing out sin to someone who is in sin causes you to carry their burdens, bc you care about them enough to make things uncomfortable for a time until they see what truth is again. You hope that they see truth soon bc it's so uncomfortable between you two...which causes you to pray for them!!

I have not yet mastered assertiveness, but Galatians 6:1-3 helps me to see that this whole assertiveness thing is not about me. It's about God making himself closer to those who are around me using me!

THANK YOU JESUS, THANK YOU JESUS!

My prayer is that I'm not that person who talks behind someone's back but that I can make myself uncomfortable and able to talk to someone in hopes that they might see the TRUTH!


Guess who I'm most assertive with....
I'm pretty sure these people are the ones I love the most...so it's true that you 're assertive to those you love..To be honest, I'm probably a little to assertive with these people!!
What a sweet family!! However, we're adding members pretty much yearly.....:)

For about 10 years our growth was pretty much at a standstill. However in the last 9 years we've gained 11 people... Bubba made it 7 people in 2000. Then a year later we added Cort's first baby Isaac in 2001. 18mon after that Cort had baby #2, MaryB in 2003. About two and a half years later we gained Jody's wife Lea and little Madelyn in 2006. 6mon later, we gained precious baby Emma, Cort's third. 3mo. later, we got little Emily, Jody's 2nd baby. 15mo. later, we had little Randy in 2007, Jody's 3rd. About 6mo. later, we had Izzy bear cort's fourth in 2008. STILL NOT DONE! Then last May we had little Molly poo in 2009, JO jo's 4th. On July 25, 2009 WALTER married my special sissy pie TIFF TIFF!! :)
It's growing rapidly..I guess my family would be an extended family now, which makes me feel alone..:( haha.. I could go on and on about how much I love my position in the family though, I really have the best view of everyone from where I am! :))))

1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly2should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. 3 If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important. Galatians 6:1-3



No comments:

Post a Comment